Headquartered In Northern Ireland
Enoksen Watch Company is proudly based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Being headquartered in Belfast brings many exceptional benefits which are not available anywhere else. It also bring some unique challenges to overcome, most notably confusion over shipping which has seen significant changes since January 1st of 2021. It is frustration for all of us!
This article will hopefully clear up any doubts you may have regarding your watch order fulfilment. Based on our customer feedback, the most frequent doubts and questions raised relate to shipment arrival timeframes, how best to handle any returns (in the unlikely event you do not like your timepiece of course) or how to progress with warranty repair shipments requiring dispatch back to our HQ in Belfast.
Where and what is Northern Ireland and what is its status in the U.K. and E.U.?
Northern Ireland is a devolved constituent member of the United Kingdom. It is a separate government which operates in alignment with that of the U.K. Government in Westminster, receiving civil funding and administrative structures in line with those of Great Britain.
Following Englands' majority vote to leave the European Union, Scotland and Wales have had to depart as well with Northern Ireland being the only part of the United Kingdom still able to remain in the European Union.
This is due to the Good Friday Agreement (which will require a whole day to define if we go into detail). The key point is that the Good Friday Agreement prevents a hard boarder between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland whether on land or sea. It maintains an open and civil economy between Northern Ireland and The Republic as well as the wider U.K. Market and E.U. Single Market for movement of goods and people.
In summary, Northern Ireland is both a U.K member state and a part of the E.U. Single Market and Customs Union.
Shipping From Northern Ireland to Great Britain (England, Wales & Scotland):
- We use Royal Mail Special Delivery to fulfil orders. This ensures speedy shipping with no additional customs paperwork or clearance required. Royal Mail still operates as usual from Northern Ireland to the rest of the U.K.
- Orders from within the U.K. are typically fulfilled same-day if ordering before 3pm and will arrive within 48 hours to your preferred address.
- For smaller strap orders, Royal Mail First Class Post still operates as per usual with minimal delays and customs interruption. This usually takes 5 days to arrive.
Shipping From Great Britain (England, Wales & Scotland) To Northern Ireland:
- We recommend the use of Royal Mail exclusively due to the strong organisational presence in Northern Ireland and the aligned infrastructure for customs and delivery.
- Shipping to Northern Ireland from England, Wales or Scotland using Royal Mail will operate the same as shipping to any other part of the U.K. with services operating and normal.
- We recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery due to the availability of insurance if desired and end-to-end tracking.
- For added peace of mind, attach a CN22 Customs Declaration to smaller packets or if using another service, outlining the contents of the package with weights and value present.
Shipping From Northern Ireland to European Union Member States:
- Northern Ireland is not held in the same status as England, Wales or Scotland who do not have Single Market & Customs Union access.
- Northern Ireland still maintains Single Market & Customs Union access.
- When shipping from Northern Ireland, no additional customs paperwork or clearance is expected due to Northern Ireland's Single Market & Custom Union access.
- Shipping from Northern Ireland to E.U. Member States will proceed as normal prior to Brexit.
- We use DHL Express when ensures speedy delivery, taking at most 1 working week to arrive within the E.U.
Shipping From Northern Ireland to United States, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Norway and Rest of World:
- When shipping from Northern Ireland, we process and include all relevant customs paperwork for clearance into the countries listed above using commercial invoices with commodities codes listed and contents declared.
- We use DHL Express when ensures speedy delivery, taking at most 1 working week to arrive.
- Payment with Delivery at Place on additional import duties and customs is the responsibility of the purchaser and is priced case-by-case by your local logistics authorities.
Return Shipping From E.U. and Non-E.U. States Including United States of America, Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc.:
Full Return & Warranty Information can be found HERE
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item.
- Shipping costs are non-refundable
- All returns must be accompanied by your receipt for proof of purchase
- Preparation of customs paperwork must be in alignment with local authorities best practise.
- If shipping from E.U., prepare and dispatch as normal with CN22 Customs Declaration paperwork attached. The procedure is the same as shipping within the E.U.
- If shipping from outside E.U., attach pro-forma invoice declaring contents and value of shipment.
- Choice of carrier is up to the individual.